Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Test run

I'll have to confirm it with my friend, but it seems the best dates to make my practice run on might be the 15th (木) through the 19th (月) of next month. There will be no more full-week holidays for the remaining duration of my contracts with the schools (drat!), and the sooner I try it the better anyway. In preparation, I shall have to research the following items:

- distance
- anticipated time (to be later compared to actual time)
- possible routes
- anticipated cost (compared to actual cost)
- supplies
- local geographical features and markers
- local wildlife (where there is any ^-^) (i.e. edibles and inedibles)
- boat times and fares
- available Couchsurfing contacts
- any Fukuyama-ben to worry about?
- locations with internet access

I really want to see how far I can go without buying much of anything (besides the boat fare, of course) -- but I have the feeling I'm not quite experienced yet to handle distinguishing edible from inedible wild vegetation just yet....only fruit on farmland, which would be stealing.....

No comments: